In a spirit of unity and harmony, we strive to develop the whole person;
providing an excellent education for all and inspiring our community members
to live a Christian way of life.
With Faith and Love we are people of
Compassion Courage Justice Peace Respect Service
This year, 2018, Our Lady of the Immaculate Conception Catholic Primary School proudly acknowledges ninety nine years since it first opened its doors on the 12th October 1919. The school continues to grow and flourish. We have been very fortunate to have had seventy three years of leadership by the Sisters of St. Joseph of the Sacred Heart, who were formed by Saint Mary of the Cross MacKillop. The school maintains deep connections with the sisters of St. Joseph and has worked to keep alive the charism of St. Mary MacKillop, who continues to be a constant source of inspiration for our school community.The Sisters of St Joseph left the school in 2000.
In 2016 we also farewelled the Oblates of Mary Immaculate who had worked in our Parish and school for twenty years. During that time they made an immense contribution to our school and have been instrumental in improving our school’s resources and facilities. Under their leadership, the school and parish have gone from strength and strength.
In 2016 a new Parish Priest was appointed Father Peter Damien McKinley by the Archbishop Denis Hart.to Our Lady's Parish and School.
Our Strategic Intent
The staff of Our Lady's school are committed to providing personalised and targeted learning for all,driven by Gospel values and best practice, within a contemporary and collegial learning context.
We commit to:
- Building professional capacity of all staff through dialogue, sharing of expertise and reflective practice: to improve student outcomes.
- Opening new spaces of meaning which engage Catholic faith with what matters most in the hearts and minds of the students
- Develop a shared understanding of effective visible learning and teaching to improve student wellbeing and learning outcomes.
- Personalising learning for students and staff that is designed to meet individual needs and improved learning outcomes
- Deepening and diversifying our relationships across our parish, local and global community to ensure universal learning for excellence at Our Lady's school.