At Our Lady’s we value and appreciate the support of our parent community.
As part of our literacy programs, we welcome parental support in the Junior (F-2) classrooms to assist students with their literacy development. The following requirements are necessary to become a parent helper:
- Training course – Two sessions
- Valid Department of Justice “Working With Children” check
- Commitment and reliability
Some of the ways you may support the students in their learning journey are:
- Work with a small group supporting literacy development
- Work side by side with students
- Listen to students as they read
- Assisting students with their writing
- Provide encouragement and support
- Support the classroom teacher with other tasks
Parent Advisory Board
As part of our School Improvement plan we have focused on strengthening parent participation in our school community. An important component of this has been the establishment of a Parent Advisory Board.
The Vision of the Parent Advisory Board is to:
- Represent all parents and families, being inclusive and committed
- Share and live out the vision and the values of the school
- Be a rich source of wisdom and insight as well as working to strengthen community partnerships
- Consult and seek to achieve better outcomes for all members of the school community
- Be role models for others – maintaining a professional and confidential approach
- Make everyone feel included and welcome
- Be active listeners committed to working collaboratively
- Work proactively and positively for the school
- Represent the parent voice and the whole school community
- Establish boundaries and protocols
- Maintain confidentiality
Parents & Friends
At Our Lady’s school we are committed to developing and sustaining reciprocal partnerships with our parent community in order to improve student engagement ,wellbeing, and learning.
Joining the Parents and Friends Committee is a great way to contribute to strengthening your connection to this school. We are hoping that you will consider joining the Parents and Friends Committee.
Over the years the Parents and Friends Committed and volunteers have raised money to purchase valuable resources for the school as well as providing additional rich experiences for the children of Our Lady’s school to enjoy.
Our school values, encourages and appreciates parent involvement and children love to see their parents participating in the life of the school.
Our 2018 Parents & Friends Committee is:
President - Michelle Hayes
Assistant President - James Moore
Secretary - Lyndal Acreman
Treasurer - Gemma Croft
They can be contacted on email@example.com if you'd like to join or have any questions.